I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.---1 Samuel 1:27

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Wouldn't it be an amazing Father's Day gift to receive a call from Julie saying "Here is your baby!" We are waiting and trying to be patient. I emailed Julie a few days ago (bugging her I'm sure). She said that there are babies in foster care now going through the systems process (Will this child go with family or be put up for adoption?) I started to feel a little guilty. My baby, (whoever he is) is losing his mother now and feeling sad and abandoned. I just hope it is a short period of time from when he loses his mommy and is joined with us. I can't wait for that day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of our paperwork is completed. We will have a few more things to do when we get the referral.

Happy Fathers Day!!!!!!!!!! I pray that someone gets good news today!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
Just saw your post on the Yahoo! Group for CHI. As far as the car seat goes, they are not required. Some people who live in Bogota use them. We adopted a 8.5 month old and never used one when we were there. Instead we would sit in the back seat and hold her in our lap. If we felt unsafe then we would put her in our moby wrap in the back seat.