I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.---1 Samuel 1:27

Monday, June 16, 2008

I have been reading all of the blogs tonight. My husband and I are newcomers to blogging.
I think blogging is a double edge sword. Before I read all the blogs, I tried to go about my day not obsessing about how long we have been waiting and how difficult it has been to have children. Now, that we are getting so close, it is nice to read CHI's blogs to know what everyone else is thinking and get some encouragement. It just seems like we have been working on July of 05 for months!!!!!!!!!! Does someone know how many months? I stopped keeping track. We were approved July 27, 05 same day as the Arps. I read there blog to try to learn what I should be preparing for and hope and pray that we get that call from Julie today. I am impressed at how strong and confident everyone is on there blogs. My father-in-law was telling us about the story of Abraham (I also read on one of the blogs). It was nice to know someone else was thinking of that as well.

8 comments:

Elizabeth and Joe Chambers said...

Rhonda,
Hopefully everything will get moving again soon. We have our fingerprinting appointment(episode 3)tomorrow.
Are you a member of the CHI Colombia Yahoo group? There are a lot of families who post on that--lots of great tips and advice.

Praying you hear something very soon!
Elizabeth

Jenn said...

HI! Glad you posted on the message board so I could find your blog. We'll be praying for you guys and we're hoping with you that you hear something REALLY soon!

peace and blessings
jenn

Erin said...

I found your blog from the CHI Yahoo group. Can't wait to see your post about your assignment!

BTW, we had to leave our almost 2 year old home while we went to Colombia. I came home early and my DH stayed for the rest of the trip. It was tough, but doable.

Erin said...

Oh, and I love the name of your blog!

D and Moni said...

Welcome to the land of blogging! I think you are doing a great job already! As a baby family ourselves, we wait in excitement with you to receive your referral. We were approved Nov 05. I will be praying for your family and a speedy referral! Monica

Beth said...

I saw your message on the CHI message board. We were in Colombia to adopt 2 sibs in April and May. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to put it out on the board or email any of us bloggers, we're here to help! You are so close, you will have your hands on your little one in no time now! Congrats on your paperwork being sent to a region, that's big news! God Bless, Beth Hollis (CHI Family Member) hollis-colombia.blogspot.com

Jacq & Jason said...

Hey Rhonda,
Thanks for sharing your blog. You are right there are so many people who understand. I also felt very alone until I got involved in this group.
Our blog is jandjslittleones.blogspot.com
we are Oct 05.
Jacq

Nicole said...

Finally, a face with an approval date! I completely know and understand how you feel. Once you get your call...it will be so soon. This part of the wait is icing on the cake compared to how long you've waited up until now. You'll get a call when you least expect it. I promise! That's how it happened for us.

We didn't even have a regional assignment and we're nowhere near being ready. Our FBI prints were out of date and then having to travel to get our visa's.

Just pray for that baby of yours. It's here and just waiting to be with you two. Pray that paperwork moves quickly through the system. Our daughter had been in her foster home since she was 12 days old. We didn't get her until she was almost 10 months. Know your child is here, it's just the system holding things back. Pray that baby through!!!