I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.---1 Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lots of referrals


It is nice to see so many referrals this month. I was a little startled as to why there were 2 babies (1 year) old on the list. I thought we were the next family for infants. Maybe because the children are already 1 year of age they are given to different families. I am still very happy for all the children and families, and pray they will be united quickly. It gives me hope that things are moving and maybe we will be sooner than we think. I will give Julie a call either today or tomorrow to see if she has any news. It has now been 6 months since our dossier reached Regional Office. We never would have dreamed it would be this long.

To pass time, I am enjoying working and seeing amazing results with my children. God is good! It is nice to be back in the working field.

Please continue to pray for our nation. I hope Obama supporters know what they are doing. It frightens me; however, I know God has a plan for us and is in charge. I just wish we were following HIS plan.

I will update soon!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I think it depends on the region your dossier is in. I'll send you an email. You are first on the list in Bogota.

Stacy said...

Nicole's right, those people were probably in different regions. What a long hard wait for you guys! I hope things move more swiftly and you get a referral soon.

Erin said...

We had the same experience, except that ICBF moved our dossier to a different region (thinking a baby would come sooner somewhere else) and then as soon as our dossier left Bogota there was a referral for the family that had been behind us! We waited another 2 months after that. We are glad that it happened that way now, but it was upsetting at the time. And I don't think they would make you wait just cuz the baby was over 12 months - we were approved for 0-12 months and our son was 16 months at referral. I think when they see how long you have waited they just try to make as good a match as possible. It all kind of depends what children are available at the same time that you are first on the list and there don't happen to be any Colombian families paper ready, too. I'm not trying to be discouraging, but these were things I didn't know about the process until it happened to us :)

If you see our blog you will know how happy we are now, but it was a terrible wait for us, too. I can totally empathize. Prayers for your family!

Genece said...

Rhonda,
I remember back during our wait, as the referrals would come in and other families would express their happiness, I celebrated with them but I also fought hard to dismiss those few rare moments of wishing I'd been the one receiving the referral. It's just a small part of how the Lord taught me to wait patiently, trusting completely in His plan and to appreciate the blessings that were to come. (And WOW, were we ever blessed!!! I'm reminded of that every day!) Keep trusting because God's got a wonderful plan for you, the exact little one He planned just for you. His perfect plan will soon be known. I'm praying for you. I know how hard it can be to stay focused.

And I am also praying for our nation. Not only was I a McCain supporter, I'm also a good personal friend to Sarah Palin. It's hard to see such an upstanding Christian friend be scrutinized and mislabeled as the media has bashed her, but I know the Lord continues to hold her up. I join you in prayer that our heavenly Father guide our nation in these troubling times we face.