I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.---1 Samuel 1:27

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Update from Bogota

Julie emailed me after she went to Bogota Regional Office. There are currently 3 Colombian families asking for boys ahead of us and 16 Colombian families that will only take a girl. There are 6 more Colombian families whose dossiers will arrive in about 2 weeks and they weren't sure as to what gender they were asking for. Lucia and Julie talked it over with the director and they have decided to ask for my dossier to be returned to the main office of ICBF.

Even though this sounds like a step backwards, it is just not looking good in Bogota unless you are Colombian. Wonder if it is like this in other Regions? Anyhow, the guy who sends out dossiers for assignment said that if we decided to have our dossier returned to the main office the he would send it our for the next available baby. I'm not sure what that means. Like THE next baby or the next baby AFTER Colombian families? Also, a baby BOY or GIRL? We originally asked for a boy, but my husband and I would be happy with a healthy baby no matter what gender. The babies room is set up for a boy, but worse things could happen. I think I will wait rather than asking Julie these questions. I feel like at some point it becomes aggravating answering the same questions over and over.

Julie will let me know as soon as our dossier is back to the main office and keep us updated from there. We are happy to try something different. It just doesn't seem like we will ever receive a baby with so many Colombian families now adopting.

We will keep you posted!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That's great news!! It's movement, right? Now we'll all just pray that the dossier is moved quickly and a child will be available asap!!! This is going to be your last Christmas as a family of two. :)

Erin said...

Yeah! That's great news! Hopefully it won't be too long now- there is hope!

The Jensen Family said...

It is so tough to wait through the times when it seems all is at a standstill. I know the yearning your heart feels and God is looking to fill it with the perfect match. I'll keep checking to see if there is any more news. Prayers go out to you all!

Traci