I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.---1 Samuel 1:27

Monday, April 27, 2009

I-800A Approved

We were approved last week with the I-800A. It took us a month, when we were quoted 90 days. Huge blessing!!!!! Thank you for praying for us. Last Friday, they received our I-800. This is specifically for our little girl. This process should only take 2 weeks, but we are praying for less. Then we need to buy plane tickets and apply for visas. This should be only a week. However, we are having problems contacting the Consulate in Florida for our Visas. We don't know if we have to go in person or if we can get them by mail. Has anyone else done this in Florida? This is so frustrating. I don't want this to hold us up next week.



I think now we are able to post her picture now! So excited! Here she is! Wait, not sure I know how to put her picture up. I will work on that. I just realized that I hadn't done that before.
YIKES!!!

3 comments:

Q said...

YAY! You crack me up (re: pix) :) Let us know if you need anything!!

Anonymous said...

Hi There

Just stumbled across your post and saw your question on the Colombian Visas.

My husband and I adopted last year and we visited their office in Miami to apply for the visas.

We had to make an appointment.

Consulate General of Colombia in Miami
280 Aragon Ave
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Tel: (305) 448-5558

Sharmila

Nicole said...

Finally!!! Progress!!! Just keep telling yourself...Almost there, almost there...So close!!!

Where will you be traveling to?

Just go down to the Colombian consulate. That way you know it's done and not waiting on anyone. We ended up having to fly to California to get ours after I sent it Fedex and they wouldn't except it. Wasted time in the mail.