I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.---1 Samuel 1:27

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Going Back to Work

I can see that many of you are waiting anxiously for an update. I have not spoken to Julie. I was trying to go a few weeks without asking her the same questions and getting the same answers. I know it has to be hard for her to keep us patient.
I am trying to get back to where I was prior to May 2nd (the day our dossier was sent to Regional Office). We had stopped obsessing about the adoption and talking about it ALL the time. We still continue to pray that in God's time he will bless us with a healthy baby. Until then, I am laying low.
To help with this process, I decided to go back to work. I am a Speech Language Pathologist, and I began working at a P PEC. This is a center for medically fragile children. They go there during the day for nursing care and therapies. I started last week and fell head over hills for these children. There were several in DCF's care. I could take them home in a heartbeat. It helps to get to love on these babies knowing how badly they need it and so do I.
I am keeping waiting families in my prayers, as well as those families that have come home and facing challenges.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hello--Like you I am an SLP, living in Florida, and hoping to adopt from Colombia, although we are still in the paperwork gathering stage. I've been checking in on your blog and praying for you, but when I saw you were an SLP I thought I would introduce myself. Hope your wait ends soon--looking forward to reading your travel adventures!