I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.---1 Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Please Pray for...

Julie emailed me back and said we are looking at waiting months (not sure how many) based on the amount of Colombian families are now adopting. She also said we need to pray for...

Pray for the Minor's Defenders who work for ICBF. It is their job to draft the abandonment decrees. Pray that all the necessary investigations will be done and that the Minor's Defenders will have the time and mental space to be very efficient with drawing up the abandonment decrees. There are lots of babies and older children who need their final paperwork so they can go home to their new families.

I asked her if the other Regional offices working on July or have they moved to August? She said that they still have a June family waiting for assignment at a regional office, so although the main office in Bogota has probably finished sending out all of the July families, some June and most of the July families are still waiting for an assignment.

Here is what is going through my mind. I was told by a person in the prayer group last night that agencies are looking for Colombian families to sign up to adopt Colombian babies. If this is what is happening, then Colombian families are going to continue to jump in front of us. We could be pushed back and back. It doesn't even matter that we are the next foreigner. As long as there are Colombians adopting we will continue to wait. At some point, they need to wait as well. However, we all know that that is not going to happen.

I don't know what we can do. Any thoughts?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Rhonda,
I was surfing around and found your blog. I really did feel like I was reading our own story in regards to the adoption process. We have been waiting for 3 years 8 months. We were assisgned to a region in April 08. We are patiently ( or impatiently ) waiting for our referral. I truly understand your last post.
I am sure this does not help your situation but I wanted to let you know that you are not alone. We really understand.

Warmly,
Leslie

Anonymous said...

I have been following along. I will pray everyday with you that the right door opens. I cannot truly understand as we are waiting for ICBF to approve us to adopt a older sibling group. Would be great to meet in Colombia soon!

Jan

Genece said...

Hello Rhonda,
Praying for a quick referral! This is very conflicting information than that showing on the "Lista de Espera Para Familias Adoptantes Extranjeras" from the ADECOP website. According to their monthly update from ICBF, it shows that ICBF is now processing families approved in August of '05 for both the categories of age 0 to 1, and 1 to 2 years of age. For more information check out http://www.adecop.org/wb/archivos/n163f1.pdf
It was dated August 6, 2008.

Here's hoping there's a referral in your very near future!

Megan said...

Hoping for your referral very soon!!!! We will be following along ;)