I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.---1 Samuel 1:27

Friday, August 8, 2008

I need Monday to roll around again. For once in my life I look forward to Monday's because of prayer group. I hope someone will have great news!!! I emailed Ashley yesterday for another update. It had been two weeks since my last email. I couldn't wait another day. She is going to ask Julie for a more detailed update, but I'm still not lovin the info that she did give. Oh, which was... Colombian families have received placements; HOWEVER, there are new Colombian families added to the list. Apparently, Julie is going to ask Lucia for any details she may have.

The Lord is testing our patience, that's for sure. I guess he knows how much we can take.

I know families are reading this blog and might have questions. If you do, let me know. I will ask Ashley or Julie whatever. Maybe I'm not asking them something I need to be. Please tell me. I'm just not getting how this is draging on. It seems like it could be months before we have a referral. I just don't get it.

3 comments:

Jacq & Jason said...

Hey girl! I know I live for Monday's too! Don't feel like you can't call Julie yourself also! She is pretty good at calming fears. I think I really do understand how rough it has to be for you. When you get to the region you are suppose to be so close. We are praying for you and Maddox. See you Monday.
Jacq

Kimberly said...

I've been reading your dealing with frustrations while still clinging to hope and want you to know that I am praying for you. (We are very early in the adoption process, but I have already gotten a small taste of the emotional ups and downs).

Anonymous said...

It is so difficult to be so close but yet so far away. The not knowing is very difficult. This time in your adoption journey is truly a test of your patience. It is a very difficult time. Adoption is very difficult but you will be rewarded in the end. Not everyone can endure the pain of this long wait. Right now it is hard to understand the wait but soon when you hold your baby in your arms you will start to understand why you waited so long for this baby who was meant to be yours. God has a baby for you. He is with you right now to help you carry this cross that was laid out for you. Your suffering for a child will be granted soon.

You and your husband will come out of this long and painful ride and become strong parents. Both of you will come to a higher level of respect for one another. Your faith in Christ will grow tremendously. He called you to adopt and He believes that you and your husband are strong enough to fulfill this calling. Do not give up hope. He is with you and will not leave you astray.