I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.---1 Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Change of Plan

We were not able to go to the Embassy today. We had to go to ICBF to get a form signed prior to going to the Embassy. Cucuta had made several mistakes to the document and it had to be sent back for corrections. We went this morning because we were told it was ready; however, it needed to be signed by the Bogota's ICBF director. She wasn't able to do it until later on today. So we went back. Andres had a little fun with me today. I was signing my name and had to write my passport number down. He then said something else for me to write. I didn't understand and he just kept saying "a dot a dot." I'm thinking "Where the heck do I need a dot." He was trying to say "Date." We laughed about this for a good while. I was yelling at him because he runs EVERYWHERE. It is hard to keep up holding a baby. He just laughs at me. We have fun messing with eachother.

Earlier today David, Lucia's son, took us back to the hotel. He had his two boys with him. They are so funny. I enjoyed talking with them. It is nice to have some people to cut up with while we are here. David to us to Baby Ganga (i think that is the name). We got a potty chair that I will leave here. This store has EVERYTHING you would need for a baby. It's similar to Baby's R Us. He showed us where to walk and go. I like Bogota. It is so much different then Cucuta. I wish more of our trip was here. But, I don't want to extend it just to see more:)


So, we will change our tickets to Thursday evening instead. We are having some trouble with getting Mya's named changed for the ticket. I had to give a copy of a birth certificate and the final decree. We will know tomorrow if it gets approved. I thought that was strange. I wasn't sure what the big deal was. They had all of the information.

The Embassy will be tomorrow, then on Thursday we will pick up the Visa. We are going to check in at the airport and then leave and go to the Embassy to pick it up. That way we are checked in 3 hours prior to the flight. TRICKY!!!!

I just love Zuetana hotel. It is so cozy, and everyone here is adopting. It is nice to see other people going through the same struggles as us. We enjoy seeing and talking to all of these wonderful families. Another Integration was today (which is when the parents get the child), and the hotel had a party. It is so great, they have all of the flags of the different countries here at the hotel at the party, cake, balloons, streamers. What a nice jesture. The staff and owner of this hotel is just great. We are blessed.


1 comment:

Dan and Karen said...

Glad to hear that you're almost home. We ended our stay in Colombia at a Zuetana and enjoyed it. It is nice to have other families to talk to that are having some of the same experiences as you. Enjoy the end of this part of your adventure!