I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.---1 Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Now that we are settled...

We are now getting into the rhythm of being
home and getting into a little routine. I started
back to work this week. I only work 2 days a
week. Mya has a Spanish Speaking babysitter.
She cried and threw herself on the floor when I
left the first day. That was good to see. Sounds
terrible, but I was wondering if she would mind.
At church, she goes right into Sunday School without
a problem. She got over it quickly. Today, when I
got home she ran to me and hugged and kissed me.
Then she went back to our babysitter and wanted her
to hold her. She didn't want to come to me. I immediately
felt threatened and just took her away. She was fine, and then
wanted me to hold her for a while. This was odd because she
typically doesn't like to be held. I made sure our babysitter
knew that I want her to love and care for Mya, BUT
I am #1. :) She was laughing at me. So, we will keep you
updated on this.

Things have changed so much since being home. Mya is now
listening very well. She is signing a lot as well as verbalizing
some basic words. Her imitation has really picked up. Today
she let me rock her only when I turned the TV on. I put on
"Signing Time" which she loves. We imitated the signs together
as I rocked. I think it took her mind off of being held down.
Tonight she laid in bed while I read a few books. This was
huge for us. It just felt good for us to just lay together and
hang out. We hope one day she will enjoy snuggling.



My mom and Mya

Hangin with the girls


Playing "London Bridge" and loving it!


Mya is feeding a deer Justin's cousin is raising because
something happened to its mother. She loves animals and
wasn't afraid at all. She jumped right in and wanted to feed
the deer.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rhonda these pictures of all of you together are amazing! They really made me tear up with happiness for you. It's so great for Mya to have all of those other girls to spend time with and she looks like she's doing so well acclimating with everything and everyone. I'm enjoying your honest and funny updates. I'll keep reading! Mary

Nicole said...

She'll come around to snuggling. Avi is a pretty good snuggler now. I remember how hard it was just her to lay her head on my chest. Give it time...she'll come around.