I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.---1 Samuel 1:27

Friday, July 3, 2009

SHE IS ALL OURS!

Signed Sealed and Delivered, Baby she is ours. It was a great day. We had so many road blocks, but everything is great. The judge was very kind. They wouldn't allow our interpreter in the Final Decree, so it made for a lot of Si's and Gracias for me. They actually wanted me to read the Final Decree (4-5 pages) out loud. I know my family and friends are laughing. I did when they asked. I thought it was a joke. Then my attorney said just look and basically pretend you have read it. So funny. All I know is that Mya's name and we were listed as the parents. Not sure about the other stuff. I just trust our Attorney. When it was over, we walked out of the room and Mya jumped in my arms and said Mama Mama Mama with the sweetest smile and laugh. It's like she knew that we were a family from that point on. SOOOOOOO cool. I will never forget that moment.

Mercedes, our Attorney worked her tail off today. The judge was giving her a difficult time with paperwork. I don't know all the details, but we were in Pamplona from 8:00 until 4:00. Mya was car sick on the way there and back. I felt terrible for her. After the day she had, she is just as sweet as ever tonight.

We are getting her passport Monday, and then flying to Bogota at 3:00. When is the latest Doctor's appointment you can get. Someone told me before, but I can't find it. We are hoping to get that on Monday, Visa on Tues, and then pick up Visa on Wednesday. Hopefully we can find tickets for Wednesday night. So excited to get home and show our baby girl off. God has really blessed us.

When we were done at the court we hear fireworks and everyone blowing their horns. They were helping us celebrate. Actually, it turns out that Pamplona'a, not Colombia's, independence day is July 4th as well. They were getting the party started.

Oh, I also saw Mya's foster Dad again today. He didn't see us.

Diane asked last night if it was worth it. YES it is.

6 comments:

shane said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Have a safe and happy trip home!

Megan Lott said...

So wonderful! We are so happy for you!

Elizabeth and Joe Chambers said...

That's awesome!! What a great feeling, huh? We'll be praying that everything will go smoothly from here on out and that Mya will travel well and not get sick! Our thoughts are with you! Congratulations!

Danielle Steele said...

We love you all! We can't wait to meet Mya! I see a lake party in the works :). Have a safe trip home!

Anonymous said...

Whew-hoo! Congratulations to your family Rhonda! Praying all goes smoothly with the passports and doctor appt. Have you posted your questions to the yahoo group. I think there may be one for parents whose kids are home who can answer your questions--or maybe post directly on their blogs.
Thanks SO MUCH for all of your info...

Shaunesi Maxwell said...

I am sooo super excited for you, I was reading your story and it made me cry b/c I am so overjoyed for you and your family. This is a wonderful blessing that is finally coming together. We can't wait to meet Mya, she is beautiful!! Love you and have a safe trip home xoxoxo