I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.---1 Samuel 1:27

Monday, July 6, 2009

Teaching the Dog to Talk

 
 
 





We watched Mya do this for such a long time. She would howl and then the dog would howl. When the dog would stop, she would get him to go again. It was so funny. We have it on video. She was so afraid of him at first. Then little by little she would pet his back and then got closer to his head. She even finally kissed and hugged him.

See the pancho. It is chilly in Bogota. I never would have thought. Make sure you bring a jacket for the kiddos.


Today's news:
WE ARE IN BOGOTA!!!!!!! YEAH!!!! We had to work for it though. This morning we got Mya's passport. We waited in line outside before it opened at 7:30. They were asking for things we didn't have. It was stressful because her new birth certificate says my maiden name not my married name. This is how it is done in Colombia. Our attorney's secretary came and they were able to work it out with the help of Lucia and Mercedes. The people in the passport office said that when we arrive in Miami, they would make us fly back to Colombia because it was wrong. I was really worried. I wasn't sure who to believe. We are just trusting that Lucia and our Attorney know what they are doing and the other people are wrong. Nichole is sending me my birth certificate and Marriage Certificate just in case I need to show something with my maiden name. This is a great idea. I would just go ahead and make a copy of that and put it with your papers. It wouldn't hurt.

Then we flew to Bogota. Andres was there to pick us up. Traffic was unreal. It took us over an hour to get out of the airport. I think some light poles fell down or something. Mya and I went to the Dr.s appointment. This was easy. We just needed our passports, immunization records, and any other records you have. You also need a picture for this visit. We had to get additional pictures prior to the visit as well as for the Visa. Apparently, you need slightly larger pictures than the ones I had for the passport. I had some extra left over from the passport, but that didn't work. Take a note of that.

We are staying at Zuetana. I really like this place. I haven't really looked around yet, but it is nice and cozy. It is a bed and breakfast type place. There is a play room next to my room. This is great. I will tell you more about it when I see more. The man at the front desk speaks English. That is helpful and dinner was great. It is nice to eat something different.

We are waiting for a form for Cucuta before we can go to the Embassy. They sent it earlier, but it had many mistakes and had to be redone. We hope to get it in the morning. If so, we are on track.

Someone had asked why we chose Avianca. We wanted a straight flight and be able to change the tickets. We called Delta, and they would not honor the adoption change ticket deal. So we went with Avianca. We have been very happy. Also, there are many places in Cucuta and Bogota where you can go to an office. We flew Areorepublica back to Bogota. We chose this because I needed the earliest time after 2:00 to be able to make a Dr.s appointment. Very nice airline. Everyone was REALLY kind and helpful. I have never seen that from an airline before.

Pray for a smoothe Tuesday. We are so thankful that we were able to get everything done today. We know that God has his hand in this because we keep coming upon these road blocks, and he sees us through.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Debi said...

Getting closer to home, how exciting! If you want to buy souvenirs ask the people of Zuetana to direct you to 3 story souvenir shop...gosh I can't think of the name right now.

If you want to get your little girl amazing dresses or sweaters ask the people at Zuetana to call Miriam. She works at the Kermes at the hotel La Fontana Estelar on Sundays. But, she will come to Zuetana and bring a bunch of different dresses. Everything she makes is beautiful! We bought Alejandra a few sweaters, hats, and dresses. She altered the sweaters in a way that Alejandra will be able to wear them for a couple of years. We also bought Alejandra a "vestido tipico."

Terri McLam said...

Sooo excited to see you guys, just catching up with your Blog Brooke and I were on a mini vaca in West Virginia for the 4th. I am praying for a safe trip home and can't wait to see your little girl!!!!

THE CALDERARO'S said...

You will be home in just a few days. Congrats again on your beautiful daughter. The people at Zuetana are great. Please tell James and William, their favorite cyclone Sofia says hello. Mom too!! Don't forget to sign their book and leave a photo from the Drawdy family.

Anonymous said...

I love the howling dog photo. Boy all of the back and forth with last minute paperwork corrections is nerve-racking! I read the comment about the 3-story souvenir shop in Bogota. We'll definitely have to do that. I meant to ask if you think mailing a box of supplies to the hotel for the 3-5 week stay makes sense and also mailing souvenirs back...what do you think? (This is Mary, by the way)

marly paola nuvan arango said...

beatiful day !