I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.---1 Samuel 1:27

Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 16 continues


Marly's mom knows everyone everywhere. We stopped
at her friends house to visit for a short time and took some
pictures. Here is her friends dad. I am showing you this
picture because it looks like it is out of a book. He fixes
clocks. Check the window out. He is just so cute:)

This is my favorite view of Pamplona. Diane was 3 seconds
from getting run over to get this picture for you. So, I
hope you appreciate it. She risked her life.

Just after we took this picture, we started to walk in the
park. I looked to my left, and I saw Mya's foster family.
Yes, the whole family. AHHH! Everyone was certain that
this would never happen. I was shaking because I didn't
know what to do. I didn't want to upset Mya and have
another drawn out exchange. We walked quickly without
looking and got into the car. The family watched us the whole
way. The children ran after us, but the mom and dad continued
to sit on the bench. I felt terrible. One day, I will explain why
we didn't stop. We have decided that when we are home, that
we will email them pictures. Just not while we are here.

Marly said the last family she worked with foster parents wrote
letters in the paper. They gave them a hard time. I know this
family probably wouldn't do that, but I don't want to take the
chance. I know how much they loved and cared for her. We
are grateful.

Strolling around Pamplona.

Papa gives her Coca Cola and French Fries. He knows how
to win her over. She loves him.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nicole said...

A similar situation happened to us and I didn't even know about it. Someone who knew the foster family and Avi saw us at the grocery store. We found out about it a few days later. Nothing like feeling like you are being watched. I can't imagine what that must have been like for you. We didn't even know what they looked like. We were not given the option of communicating with them. We were told no because in the past other foster families have ruined it for the good ones by asking for money, etc.