I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.---1 Samuel 1:27

Friday, June 19, 2009

Dinner at Attorneys House


My camera that I brought wouldn't take good
enough pictures for this lighting, so I apologize.
I just wanted to send a few so the blog
wasn't so boring :)




Everyone here knows the Troy loves mangos. He was
happy to see so many mango trees when he got here. At
breakfast this morning he didn't eat anything, but he found
a couple of mangos on the floor that he enjoyed.

Mercedes, our attorney, gave him this mango. Her mother
works with children who have special needs on "The Farm." The
apparently have many mango trees there. There are about
50 children on the Farm. They have been abandoned. These
children are not even up for Adoption. When we told her
many families from our agency have adopted children with
special needs she eagerly wanted to get contact information.

Mercedes mother and I were discussing how awful it is that
it takes so long to process the children through the system
for abandonment. Mya was left by her mother at 1 month
old, and wasn't put up for adoption until 15 months old. It
is just sad. Her mother works at the Farm mostly inspired
due to her daughter having menegitis which left her severly
cognitively impaired. I love how Mercedes family takes such
good care of their family. As well as their community.



I know this picture is bad, but it is Justin's last night here.
He likes this wrap on me. I'm still not sure, but I like to try
different things.

UPDATE WITH THE JUDGE:
Well, we didn't find out anything tonight. The judge started
this on Tuesday and we still don't have an answer. We have
been told that he made a decision today, but he can't tell us
until Tuesday. Monday is another holiday here. Every
Monday in June is a Holiday.

It is really getting hard to hear "we will know tomorrow" over
and over. We don't know at what point is too long. It feels
the same as the referral. Every month we were expecting, as
most of you are, and nope another month, another month.
It gets so frustrating.

Nichole has talked with Julie and Lucia. Everyone is aware of
the situation and has told us not to worry. So, we are going
to go with that. We are just trying to enjoy Mya and Colombia
because this is a once in a lifetime experience. I don't want
to ruin it. However, Justin leaves in the morning. Tears falling:(
You don't realize how much you need and love your spouse until
they can't be with you. I am really missing hime already. This
next stretch is going to be really hard. I am missing my family
and friends so much.

So, please keep emailing and commenting. It gives me something
to look forward to at night when I tend to get sad and lonely.
I typically am staying up until 1:00am everynight playing on the
computer. I never do this at home, but it helps me pass the time.
Especially because I have the best little girl that sleeps until 8:30-
9:00am.

Potty Training: Hey Amber, Mya was completly potty trained when
we got her. Now after 10 days with our precious little girl we have
ruined her. It is so hard when we go out during the day, because
she won't sit on big potties. She screams in terror. So, I think this
has messed her up. When we get home, I need to get a portable
potty. This is no big deal. She is just a baby.

She loves having her Mimi and PaPa here. You would think she has
been with them her whole life. Us too. PaPa takes her around anywhere
we are and says in a monotone soft voice to calm her "this is a table, this
is a light, this is an airplant, this is a couch." It is like a magical touch
that he has with children. They love to listen to him. Marly says "Wait,
I need to get in on this lesson." She is so funny.

By for now. Please pray for us! Pray that Justin has a safe trip home.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Continuing to pray for you and that you will feel God's presence and comfort in the waiting (and missing your husband). Your family is beautiful and I appreciate your telling your story. Hoping to read good news on Monday!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your gorgeous daughter! We have been sent to the region of Cucuta and are waiting for a referral for a sibling group of two, zero to six. Reading your blog about the area has been very helpful! I hope the legal part is finished ASAP so you can take your daughter home and start your life in the US together!! Best of luck and you are in my thoughts and prayers...

Cari