I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.---1 Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Gotcha Day

We are on our way to Pampolona. So put on your seatbelts and say a prayer that we arrive safely.

Breakfast in Pampolona. We can care less about eating. We just want our baby. So, we wait patiently and try something new to eat. I forget what it was called. Justin liked it though. Impressive! Pampolona is the oldest city in Colombia if I'm not mistaken. It is hard to understand all of the Spanish speaking tour:) The town is beautiful and very clean.

Pampolona was FREEZING in some places and nice in others. My attorney lent her pancho to me. This is us right before we meet our girl! So excited.

Here is Mya! We were in such a small room with a lot of people in there. Her foster family was so nice. It was hard to take her from them. They were all crying along with us.





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Genece said...

Congratulations! Hallelujah! I'm so happy to hear about your day filled with lifelong memories! Isn't it one huge amazing process with just unbelievable proportions of emotions and bliss? I'm thrilled you had a chance to meet the foster family. Having had that opportunity to meet my childrens foster families, I totally understand how much it means to witness firsthand how much they loved and cared for our children, and it helped us to lovingly console their losses as they shared in our happiness. What a blessing to have met them!

Mya is beautiful and you make an adorable family. Hopefully the carsickness was just an isolated incident. None of my kids get carsick but there are many adoptive families that have children that do. Thanks for letting us be a part of your happiness on this long journey! Wishing peaceful sleep tonight and wonderful bonding opportunities in the days ahead! Again, congratulations! God is so good!

P.S. The kids sure enjoyed seeing the park, the church, and the offices in Pamplona. Thanks!