I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.---1 Samuel 1:27

Monday, June 15, 2009

Patio


Today we went sight seeing and to Marly's parents cabin.
On our way, we stopped in a neat little town called Patio.
This town is very small but has a lot of little stores on this
strip. They sell desserts, breads, and other foods. It was
neat to people watch here. This has always been Justin and
I favorite thing to do.

This town is so small and poor that they only have a small
elementary school. The kids typically don't go past grade
school here. The parents would have to travel, and that
is too expensive.

I hate how my pictures don't capture exactly what we see.
This town just seemed out of a movie. The same with
Pampolona and the next town I will tell you about. We
are just loving watching the people and really experiencing
Colombia. We couldn't do this without our interpreter. If
you want her information, please email me.


Okay, I know this is a terrible picture. However, This is why
we stopped in this town. They like this dessert. I will not
tell you the name of it because I am afraid that you will think
I am being inappropriate. Let's just say it is another name for
a cat. I didn't really like it. The brown circle (can't remember
what it is made out of) tastes similar to a cookie. The white chunk
on top is goat cheese. Justin polietly declined the offer.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: